Many Instagram users questioned why they can’t like on Instagram. This most likely occurred because you violated Instagram’s Terms of Service or reached your daily activity limit. It is also possible that Instagram bots misjudged.
Why Can’t I Like on Instagram?
Poor Internet Connection:
You are also unable to like Instagram posts if you are not connected to a wireless network. Instagram requires a reliable Internet connection for proper operation. Before you may attempt to like the post again, you will need to ensure that your internet connection is strong.
If your router is not correctly connecting to the internet, your device may not have sufficient network coverage, preventing you from liking other users’ posts.
Violated Community Standards:
You would not recognize how you violated Instagram’s terms by publishing photographs and videos. To verify this, you must be aware of Instagram’s community standards or abuse. Remember that the community standards for abuse are the same across all social media sites, if a little bit distinct.
On the community standards rules, it is explicitly stated that if your posts harm someone’s reputation or image, you are violating community standards.
Even if you make illegal posts to a community that harms their reputation in the social sphere, your posts may be removed and your account may be temporarily banned for such behavior.
Maybe Instagram Severs Are Down:
If Instagram’s servers are down, you may be restricted from liking other users’ posts. The Instagram servers that run the Instagram app are down, allowing you to like posts. When the servers are down in your specific location, it prevents nearby users from liking photos.
In this case, you will have to wait several hours for the servers to come back online. If you know others who are experiencing Instagram troubles at the same time as you, this indicates that there is an issue with the Instagram server.
Instagram Having A Bug:
If you are unable to like on Instagram, there may be an issue within the application. When Instagram has a bug, it can result in unexpected failures. A glitch is a software error, and when this occurs, you will see posts on your feed but will be unable to like them.
To fix this issue, you must remove the error within the application, which you may do through your settings.
- Open the Settings application. The application’s icon resembles a gear on a grey backdrop.
- On the Settings menu, touch “Apps” after scrolling down to the selection.
- Select the “Instagram” app from the list of apps on your device from the Apps menu.
- After clicking on the application, you must select the “Storage” option on the screen.
- The Clear Data and Clear Cache choices are located at the top of the storage screen.
- Select each of these options individually.
Fixes You Can Try:
There are several fixes for Can’t like on Instagram problem as given below:
This method is very beneficial if Instagram has temporarily blocked your account. The reinstallation process will delete Instagram’s cookies and other saved data, thereby resolving an activity block. Here are the necessary steps:
- In the downloads folder, press and hold the Instagram icon for a few seconds.
- As shown, select Uninstall from the options that appear to uninstall the application.
- Tap Uninstall to uninstall the application from your Android device.
- Once Instagram has been uninstalled, reinstall the app from the Play Store.
- Log in to your Instagram account and resume regular use, as the Temporary Block should have been removed.
Switch Between Networks such as (Wi-Fi and Mobile Data):
If your IP address is incorrect, Instagram may have blocked your account. To resolve these issues, you can switch from Wi-Fi to mobile data or vice versa. Simply, proceed as follows:
- Sign out of the Instagram account.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi connection in the device’s settings.
- toggle OFF “Wi-Fi” or “Mobile Data”
- Turn on your mobile data.
- Sign in to Instagram to determine whether the action block has been removed.
Wait For Sometime:
Instagram will often only ban your account for 24 hours, and sometimes even less. So you may not even need to wait 24 hours.
Instagram places a high priority on blocking spam and bots so that other accounts can be protected.
Therefore, Instagram will want you to show that you can restrict this behaviour for a few hours before they will allow you to like other users’ posts again. This is especially important because they believe you’ve been spamming, so you’ll need to take a break in order to clear your name.
You will be able to like, follow/unfollow, message, and comment on people’s photos when you return to Instagram following a 24-hour break during which you can only see photos.
Uninstall Third-Party Apps:
If you are using a third-party application, you must uninstall it immediately. The ‘unfollowing non-followers’ apps appear to be quite popular among Instagram users.
There are also applications that credit your photos with likes if you purchase coins; if you have one of these, you must uninstall it.
Many apps that use the Instagram API do not prohibit their users from abusing the app’s functionalities; hence, these apps are typically the cause of Instagram blocking specific actions.
Reset Network Settings On Your Device:
Resetting your network settings will resolve any network issues that are preventing you from liking posts. Resetting the network settings removes all network-related settings, which may resolve the issue. This will restore your device’s settings to as they were when you originally acquired it.
To reset your network configuration:
- Open the Settings application on your Android.
- Select General management or System after navigating to
- Select Reset or Reset from the choices
- Click on Reset network settings.
A confirmation message will appear on the Mobile screen; press ‘Reset Network Settings’ again to confirm your choice. This will restart your smartphone, at which point you should log back into Instagram to see if you can like posts.
- Access the Settings app
- Select General
- Select Reset
- Select Reset Network Settings
For a visual representation, refer to the following video:
You may also be interested in:
- What Does No Location Found Mean?
- Does Facebook Notify When You Save a Photo?
- Find Out If Someone Left Your Private Story On Snapchat
Can’t like on Instagram problem can occur due to different reasons. Users must not worry and wait for Instagram to resolve these problems. Also, you can follow different methods as mentioned above to overcome this problem.
Leave a Reply