People tend to prefer online streaming services over cable boxes nowadays. The streaming services are inexpensive, and some titles can even be viewed for free. In addition, using a Fire Stick can now use a traditional television to watch on-demand TV shows and movies. The Fire Stick provides greater flexibility than conventional television.
Typically, you will need Amazon credentials to purchase a Fire Stick. You may wish to buy a Fire Stick without an Amazon account. Which makes one wonder, “Do i need an amazon account to use fire stick? To find out, refer to the article below.
What Is A Fire TV Stick?
You will have access to popular streaming services such as Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, YouTube, and more with an Amazon Fire TV Stick. You only need a reliable WiFi connection and a TV with an HDMI port to replace your expensive cable subscription with the Fire Stick.
With Fire TV, you can stream over 500,000 movies and television episodes for a fee. Additionally, you can watch live TV and sports and listen to music with Spotify, Pandora, and other services.
You can purchase the standard Fire TV device to stream content in 1080p HD (high definition) or the more expensive version to stream content in 4K Ultra-HD.
Do You Need An Amazon Account To Use A Firestick?
A Firestick can be configured without your original Amazon account. You only need an Amazon account, which can be disposable, to use Kodi to stream your favorite shows. It does not require a subscription.
Methods To Use Firestick Without An Amazon Account:
Deregister Your Old Account & Use Kodi:
If you have already logged in with your Amazon account on Fire Stick, you can still deregister it. Follow the instructions below to deregister a Firestick Amazon account.
- Download and configure Kodi before deregistering the Amazon ID. Follow the instructions below to install the Kodi app.
- Press the home button on the Fire Stick’s remote control. This opens up the account option.
- Then, launch the Amazon Fire TV app and navigate to Settings.
- Select My Account from the menu.
- Select the option to Deregister.
- After deregistering your Amazon account from your Firestick, you will lose access to all Amazon content.
Yes, you can use a Fire Stick even if you do not have an Amazon account. The steps required to set up a Fire Stick without an Amazon account are as follows:
- Connect the Fire Stick to your television and turn it on.
- Scroll to the right on the home screen to access the “Settings” menu.
- Choose “Device” followed by “Developer Options.”
- Enable “Applications from Unknown Sources.”
- A warning message will appear; click “On” to continue.
- Scroll down the home screen to find the “Search” bar.
- Enter “Downloader” in the search bar and select the first result that appears.
- Select “Get” followed by “Open.”
- Select “Browser” from the Downloader app’s menu.
- Input the following into the URL field: https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk
- Select “Go” from the menu.
- The Kodi application download will begin. After completion, you can launch the application to begin watching movies and television shows.
Note that the Kodi application is absent from the Homepage. Press the home button to access the apps and locate them. The Kodi app can be found under apps.
Use A Throwaway Account:
If you’re more privacy-conscious than the average person, you may prefer to set up your Fire TV Stick using a fake Amazon account.
Follow these steps to set up a fake Amazon account on your Fire Stick:
- Buy a virtual prepaid Visa credit card.
- Create a new Amazon account with a custom name and add the newly bought Visa Card as a payment method.
- Register your Fire Stick with Amazon using this throwaway account.
The primary challenge is finding a valid card. Therefore, you may wish to acquire a full-featured prepaid Visa card. Once you’ve linked the card to your Amazon account, you’re free to use its balance for something else, and the only cost will be the card’s initial activation fee.
This method may require a bit more effort, but it will prevent Amazon from linking your personal Amazon account, and thus your personal information, to your Fire Stick.
How To Install Addons On Kodi?
After enabling the installation of Kodi and unknown sources, it is possible to install a third-party add-on. Add-ons that provide access to Movies, TV Shows, Live Streaming, Replays, and a great deal more.
Kodi add-ons come in various shapes and sizes and are constantly evolving. Some are designed with specific genres or periods, while others contain entire content libraries.
Follow the instructions below to install The Crew Kodi Addon, one of the most popular add-ons in use today.
- Click the add source box, enter https://team-crew.github.io as the URL, and then click OK.
- Choose a name for the media source and press OK.
- Click the back button and then choose Extensions.
- Click Install from the compressed file.
- Find and choose your media source.
- Click the URL for the zip file – repository.thecrew-0.0.1.zip
- Wait a few seconds for the installed message for The Crew Repository Add-on to appear.
- Click Install from the repository afterward.
- Click The Crew Archive.
- Select Video extensions.
- Click The Staff.
- Select Install.
- Wait for the installed message for The Crew Add-on to appear.
- After installation, Return to the Kodi home screen and choose Add-ons from the main menu.
- Click Video extensions, followed by The Crew.
- This is how you install an addon using Kodi.
Choosing a Kodi add-on is entirely based on personal preference. While thousands of add-ons are available, most Kodi users will only install a handful of their favorites. This will prevent your Kodi system from becoming sluggish and keep your home page simple. Once your addon or addons have been installed, they will appear under Add-ons on the Kodi home screen.
For a visual representation, refer to the video below:
You may also be interested in:
- How To Edit A Tiktok After Posting?
- Why Are My Message Requests On Instagram Disappeared?
- Does Twitter Notify When You Screenshot?
Since the Amazon Fire Stick is Android-based, you should prioritize finding Android-based applications. Kodi is not the only media player application available for installation.
Nevertheless, as a fair warning, streaming illegally constitutes piracy. Consider the risks associated with every third-party app, including Kodi. Regarding Kodi, it does not support streaming media. Kodi is merely a platform for playing your media. Because it lacks a database, it does not illegally stream any database content.