Instagram Stories, Reels, IGTVs, and other Insta content have become indispensable to our life. It is always time to share about our lives on Instagram. This involves the desire to observe what others are doing. We all know that the coolest thing about Instagram stories is that we can see who has viewed ours, and the worst aspect is that others know when we’ve viewed theirs. Until now, such was the uncontested nature of the game of story-watching. But no longer. Are you prepared to have your mind completely blown? Here’s how to view ig stories without them knowing:
Method 1: Use A Fake Instagram Account
The most foolproof method of seeing Instagram Stories without being recognized is to use a fake account. For that, you will first have to create a fake account or if you have a spare or anonymous account then all you have to do is add a second Instagram account and flip between them. In this way, you will be able to view IG stories without anyone knowing.
Method 2: Switch On The Airplane Mode
If you put your phone into airplane mode first, tap on Instagram Stories, and you will be easily able to watch anyone’s Instagram stories anonymously. Instagram preloads many stories so that users can quickly view them even when they don’t have access to a constant Wi-Fi or data connection, making it possible to watch one without being detected potentially.
To check, open the profile on Instagram, enable airplane mode, return to Instagram and then view the user’s story. However, not all stories will be viewable in airplane mode if the user has posted several in rapid succession because the app does not preload all of them.
Method 3: Use A Third-party App Or Website
A third-party app or website is required for this method. Stories you view using these apps won’t be counted in your statistics, so the user won’t know you’ve viewed their story. Using these third-party apps puts you at risk, so proceed cautiously.
- Desktop: Go to storiesig.com and in the search field, search for the user whose story you want to view. If the user’s profile is public then you will be easily able to view their story and also download them
- iPhone: Download the Story Reposter app from the Apple AppStore. Search for the user and then click the folder with their Instagram Stories.
- Android: From the Google Playstore download the Story Saver app. Using the search icon in the top right corner search for the user whose story you want to view. After that, you will be able to view their stories in a feed format.
This method requires a bit more effort, but it is far more reliable and helps download and store the Stories you are viewing easier.
Method 4: Click The Next Story And Swipe Back
This method makes use of the UI that enables you to swipe between Stories of different users.
- Search the user whose IG Story you want to see anonymously, and click on the profile next to it.
- Tap the story to pause it, and then slowly swipe in the direction of the Story you want to view. That particular story you want to view will appear on the other side of a 3D box.
- Ensure one thing that you don’t swipe all the way because if you will swipe all the way the user will see that you have viewed their story.
The main drawback of this method is that you can only see the first Story on a profile’s feed, and you cannot view videos. Another issue is that it might be possible to mistakenly swipe all the way. Also, you cannot even screenshot an Instagram story.
Method 5: Adopt The View-block Strategy
This is a unique way to watch someone’s entire Instagram story without their knowledge. The aim here is to see the person’s Instagram story as you normally would and then block their profile. When you block someone, they won’t be able to see your profile or see how many times you’ve seen their story. If you want to make sure you don’t miss any of their future postings, you can unblock them and start following them again after you’ve seen their stories. Use these straightforward approaches to get the same result.
- Launch Instagram on your mobile device and select the person’s story to start watching.
- After watching the story, open the user’s Instagram profile by tapping their username.
- Now select Block by simply tapping the three dots in the app’s upper right corner.
- To confirm your action, tap the Block button.
- Now, both your profile and view count will be erased from their Instagram story view list.
- To unblock the user, tap the Unblock button again.
- To avoid missing any future stories, tap the Follow button on the user’s profile again.
Method 6: Deactivate Your Account
Deactivating your account until the story has been removed is an alternative to blocking and adding them again. Your name will be erased from the list of those who visited the profile since your Instagram account has been temporarily deactivated. After the story has been erased, you can access your Instagram account by logging in.
Note: If you attempt to re-login before their story has been removed, your profile will remain on the list of those who have viewed it.
Method 7: View The Highlights
One amazing trick that can help you view ig stories without them knowing is that if you wait until their story expires and they change it into a highlight, you will be able to view their story without them knowing, as your name will not display on the list of viewers. You must rely on the fact that they will convert their story into a highlight to accomplish this. If they do not, you will have missed the opportunity to watch their story. When a user puts their prior story as a highlight, they are unable to browse the list of individuals who watched it or access it in the future. Only when the story is live will they be able to see who has viewed it. They will not know that you have viewed their story if you view it in the highlights.
Method 8: View IG Stories Without Them Knowing If Any Mutual Has Also Posted The Same Story
If they’ve mentioned someone in that story and allowed others to add their story to their own, you’ll be able to view this person’s story on the story of the person they mentioned. It may be an ex you’re trying to avoid or someone you don’t want to receive satisfaction irrespective of the fact that you watch their story. Keep in mind that you will only be able to view another user’s story if they have been mentioned and given the option to add it to their own. People are rarely mentioned, which makes the use of this method a rare scenario.
Method 9: Ask Your Mutual Friend What Was On Their Story
You can ask about someone’s Instagram story so that you do not have to view it yourself. You could simply say that you believe they prevented you from viewing their story and that it would be greatly appreciated if they could explain how they did so. If this is how it is stated, there is a good possibility that they will let you know what the user posted. This only works if you know someone who follows this individual. If their account is private and you do not know anyone who follows them, you will need to find an alternative way to contact them.
Method 10: Install The Chrome Extension To View IG Stories Without Them Knowing
If you use Instagram on a PC, the Google Chrome web store now offers plugins that allow you to read Instagram stories anonymously. Follow these procedures using the Anonymous View Extension to accomplish this.
- On your computer, open the Google Chrome Web Store and search for the Anonymous View for Instagram Stories extension.
- Click the Add to Chrome button to add this extension to Chrome.
- Launch the installed extension by clicking the extension button in the top toolbar.
- Log in to your Instagram account to view all accessible stories.
- Click the Eye icon next to the Instagram user’s name to view their stories anonymously.
- You can download the stories by clicking the Download button.
What To Do If You Accidentally Watch Someone’s Story
If you mistakenly viewed your competitor’s Instagram story or, even worse, your ex’s, it would be a horrific experience. It is a common question whether Instagram alerts you when you screenshot an Instagram story or not. I have compiled all possible remedies to assist anyone suffering from this unusual circumstance.
Method 1: Block The User Whose Instagram Story You Have Viewed
If you desired to view ig stories without them knowing and mistakenly saw someone’s Instagram story, the good news is that when you block them, your views will no longer appear on their stories. You must wait at least 24 to 48 hours after unblocking them for your view to appear on their story. However, this action will have certain unforeseen consequences.
To block someone’s Instagram account, take these steps:
- Visit their Instagram account.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the display.
- Choose “Block”
- There will be a question on your screen. “Block…?”
- Now tap “Block.”
When you block a person, they may eventually find out if a close friend of theirs views your posts. In addition, if you block someone, you will no longer be their follower. After unlocking them, you must refollow them; they will immediately detect something is off. Additionally, they must refollow you. Consequently, you risk losing a following if they do not continue to follow you.
To unblock a previously-blocked account, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to your profile.
- Tap the three horizontal lines located in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings”.
- Choose “Privacy”
- Select “Blocked Accounts”
- Choose the account to unblock
Method 2: Temporarily Deactivate Your Account
As you know, Instagram stories expire after 24 hours. They cannot identify who viewed their story. If they archive the story, the list of viewers will remain for 48 hours. If they later attempt to see the views, they will see the following message:
After 48 hours, viewer lists and view counts are unavailable.
Deactivate your Instagram account after 48 hours if you wish to unsee an Instagram story you mistakenly saw.
These were some of the methods and tactics that explained in detail how to view ig stories without them knowing. Because each of them comes with a unique set of benefits and drawbacks, the decision of which one to go with ultimately rests in your hands.
Follow Logic Tech for more Social Media Tips and Tricks.