As one of the most popular social media platforms, TikTok has many features that users enjoy. However, one thing, in particular, frustrates many users: the disappearance of comments on TikTok.
There are a few possible explanations for why comments might not be showing up on TikTok. It could be a technical glitch, or the platform could be deliberately limiting comments. There can be plenty of reasons as to why it is happening. As things stand, there is no one sure symptom that causes this issue. This does not mean that we cannot resolve the issue; there are plenty of things you can try to bring the comments back.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the reasons why comments might not be showing up on TikTok. We’ll also discuss some of the potential implications of this change.
Fixes For TikTok Comments Not Showing:
Below are some possible things you can try to fix TikTok comments are not showing:
Restart The Application:
If you’re having trouble with comments not showing up on your TikTok videos, there’s a quick fix that you can try. Go to your settings and restart the application. This will clear any temporary data that may be causing the issue and hopefully get your comments showing up again.
If this doesn’t work, there are a few other troubleshooting steps you can try, but restarting the application is often the quickest and easiest fix.
Clear Cache of TikTok:
Unexpected errors always pop up from time to time. If you are also facing TikTok comments not showing. You can always clear the cache to “reset” the app to its original state; this usually fixes most of the problems that occur in apps.
To clear the cache of TikTok, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Depending on your phone, open “Settings.” In most phones, it resembles a “Cog.”
- Inside the settings menu, look for a section named “Apps” or anything resembling applications.
- Once inside the application submenu, look for TikTok in the list of apps.
- Once you find the app, tap on it to open another sub-menu.
- In the menu, you will see many options; look for “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache.” If you don’t find those, they are usually nested inside the “Storage” submenu.
- Tap on both “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache.” This removes all the previously stored data of TikTok from the device.
After you have both data and cache, you can launch the app again, log in and see if your problem is fixed. In most cases, the problem is fixed.
Keep TikTok Up To Date:
It can be a possibility that you are using an old version of TikTok. That old version can sometimes contain bugs in them, which can cause a broad spectrum of issues, with things like no videos, no audio, and so on. It is always recommended that you keep your application always updated so that if any problem or technical glitch existed in the previous version. They could remove them by updating to a newer version.
If your application is not up to date, follow the steps mentioned to update TikTok:
- Open Playstore or App Store depending on your device (Playstore for Android, App Store for iPhone)
- In the search bar at the top, type in “TikTok” and search.
- A list of applications will pop up; make sure you choose the one with the official logo and company name (TikTok Pte. Ltd).
- In the new window, if your application is not updated, a button named “Update” will be visible; tap on it to start updating your application.
- If “Update” is not visible, your application is already up to date.
If something is wrong with the application, in most cases, an updated version fixes the issue; if the problem persists, you can continue trying other fixes mentioned below.
Check If You Have Been Banned From Commenting:
Another reason why TikTok comments are not showing is that you may have been banned from commenting on TikTok. One possibility is that you violated the TikTok Community Guidelines. These guidelines prohibit a wide range of activities, including spamming, harassment, and making threats. If you’ve been engaging in any of these activities, then it’s likely that you’ll be banned from commenting.
Another possibility is that other users have reported you for violating the Community Guidelines. If enough users report you, TikTok may automatically ban you from commenting. Finally, it’s also possible that TikTok has banned you for a specific period due to high activity levels on your account. If you’ve been commenting on many videos, TikTok may assume you’re a spammer and temporarily ban you from commenting.
Tiktok May Be Down:
The comments may also not show up due to the TikTok’s servers being down. Why there is no one answer to this question as TikTok’s servers could go down for a variety of reasons. However, some likely reasons include high traffic levels, tech issues, or a cyber-attack.
High traffic levels can cause servers to go down as they become overwhelmed with requests. This is usually temporary and can be resolved by increasing capacity or providing additional resources. Tech issues can also cause servers to go down if there are problems with the hardware or software. Finally, a cyber-attack could also lead to servers going down if hackers can overload them with traffic or take control of them remotely.
Whatever the reason, it’s always a good idea to have a backup plan in place in case your servers go down.
You may also be interested in:
- Find Out If Someone Left Your Private Story On Snapchat
- How Many People Can You Follow On Tiktok?
- How To Do Side-By-Side Photos on iPhone
There are a few reasons why TikTok comments might not be appearing. There could be a bug in the app, which we can fix by restarting it or updating it. Another possibility is that TikTok’s servers are down. If that is the case, there is nothing you can do but wait for the servers to come back up. Finally, you may be banned from commenting. If you think this might be the case