There’s a lot more to Snapchat than just cool filters, considering the app has larger than an estimated count of 300 million daily active users. If you are new to Snapchat, you probably aren’t familiar with the app’s functions other than the ability to message your pals. However, social media networks constantly add new features to keep users interested and entertained.
You might not know about Snapchat Subscriptions if you’re new to Snapchat or haven’t explored the app’s capabilities beyond texting your friends. If this is the case, read on. Here is a rundown of the available types of subscriptions, how to locate them, and how to subscribe to them, all from your Snapchat mobile application.
Subscriptions On Snapchat:
You may be familiar with the “subbing to a channel” feature on YouTube, and the subscription tool on Snapchat is functionally identical to YouTube’s. Through the use of this function, you will be able to follow your preferred creators on the platform. Which, you can watch their content the moment they upload it.
Like Youtube, you can “sub” to different creators on Snapchat. The app’s Discover tab serves as the central location for managing all of your subscriptions. You can find the Discover button in the top right on the main screen.
Are Subscriptions The Same As Being Friends?
On Snapchat, friend requests and subscriptions are two separate and distinct actions. When you add a person as a friend, you can see each other’s stories. In contrast, subscriptions are one-way connections; you can follow a creator and view their Stories even if they do not mind you or add you back.
This helps differentiate content intended for a small group of close friends from stuff designed for widespread consumption.
How Can I Subscribe To A Creator?
It does not cost anything to become a creator’s subscriber on Snapchat, just like it does not cost anything to follow a streamer on Twitch. If you want content from a particular creator to appear alongside content from other creators, you must click the Subscribe button on that creator’s page.
The following is a guide regarding subscribing to a creator:
- You may either navigate through the Discover feed or select the magnifying glass button at the top left of the screen for searching someone in particular.
- Once you’ve located the account you want to follow on Snapchat, you can subscribe to it.
- Tap the Subscribe button to the right of the person’s name in the search results.
- Alternatively, you can go to the person’s profile page and click the Subscribe option located underneath the profile name.
How Can I Unsubscribe From A Creator?
Follow the steps mentioned below to unsubscribe from a Snapchat creator.
- Check out a story from the creator you want to unsubscribe.
- To access the settings menu, tap on the account’s name in the top left corner.
- You can unsubscribe at any time through the options menu.
- Alternately, you can hit the account name a second time and tap the button labeled “Unsubscribe,” which is located beneath the profile name.
In the search bar, you can enter the following:
- On the screen that displays the search results, enter the applicable account name under “Account Name,” then click the “Unsubscribe” button.
- Alternatively, check out the creator’s account and tap the “ Unsubscribe “ button underneath the profile name.
What Happens When I Unsubscribe?
If you decide to unsubscribe, you will no longer be able to access the stuff that they post. If the content producer has a modest-sized account, they may notice when you unsubscribe from receiving their updates.
On unsubscribing from a person’s account on Snapchat, the person will not receive a notification about the action. Therefore, anyone with a significant number of subscribers won’t even notice that you’ve disappeared.
Can My Subscriptions See My Stories?
You can only subscribe to someone if you are not their friend. Your tales won’t be accessible to them because they haven’t added you as a follower. Once you have counted someone as a subscribed user on Snapchat, that user will no longer be able to add you as a subscribed user.
If you restrict access to your tales so that only friends can see them, the user in question won’t be able to see your stories. However, if you choose to make the story public, then there is a possibility that they will be able to view your reports. However, to do that, the user will need to search for your profile using the search box and then check out your account to view the story.
They could also read your narrative if another user submits it, which is another possibility. If someone else uses the remix tool to share your tale, the person you are subscribed to may be able to access your story.
What Are Snapchat Creator Accounts?
A Snapchat Creator Account is something you’ll want in the long run if you’re serious about expanding your presence on Snapchat. Creator Accounts, just like Public Profiles, can be subscribed to, and content created by Creators is likewise included in the Discovery stream. Creator Accounts, on the other hand, give you access to additional capabilities such as account manager responsibilities, analytics, and other tools that might assist you in engaging with a broader audience.
On a rolling basis, Public Profiles are promoted to Creator Accounts as accounts that match the eligibility requirements are discovered. It is required that your Public Profile has a minimum of one hundred subscribers for you to be considered for a Creator Account. In addition, your account must be more than one week old and have at least a friend.
For a visual representation, refer to the following video:
You may also be interested in:
- How To Check YouTube Subscription History?
- How To Close Apps On Samsung Smart Tv?
- How Can I Find Out Facebook Message Count Of A Chat?
- iPhone Videos Not Playing: Fixes You Should Try
In this article above, we explained what are Subscriptions on Snapchat, what they are used for, how they are similar to Youtube and how you can subscribe/unsubscribe to them on Snapchat.