Location is a feature that facilitates determining somebody’s position. Additionally, it enables you to catch up with people at a near distance. It is possible for iPhone users to see an error message stating “No Location Found” because of a slow network connection. Try a device restart to see if that helps. There are various reasons why the No Location Found message may appear while checking the location of a person.
“Find My iPhone” enables the localization of Apple devices. Through Find My, it is also possible to share your location with others. When attempting to locate your device or a friend, however, the Find My Friends app may occasionally malfunction, displaying the error message No Location Found.
Possibly it is useful to know where your devices are. For example, you may have misplaced your smartphone and need to find it. Otherwise, perhaps your phone has been stolen and you wish to delete it. If so, you must first find your device and fix the problem.
Difference Between No Location Found And Location Not Available
Find my Friends and iMessage will indicate that a user’s location isn’t available when using GPS to find them, however, this just means that they’re currently being searched for.
No location found means the GPS has tried to pinpoint the user’s position but has been unsuccessful. Literally what it says it means. If their position isn’t shown, it’s because they’re not receiving a signal at the moment. However, if they locate a signal, it may show up soon.
If their location hasn’t been found for a lengthy period of time, it has been marked as “not found” since it just cannot be located.
It’s certain that the “no location found” notice will appear on the map when the user’s phone is either out of range of a signal tower or without access to Wi-Fi. Location “not available” indicates that the device’s GPS is now attempting to pinpoint its location but is currently unable to do so.
Why Does This “No Location Found” Error Occurs?
If the “No Location Found” warning appears on your iPhone, the Find My Friends app is unable to determine your current location.
There are four possible reasons for this:
- There is no active internet connection. For the Find My Friends application to function, an active internet connection is required (via cellular data or Wi-Fi). Without an active internet connection, the application will be unable to determine your position.
- You have turned off location services for the Find My Friends app. In order for the application to determine your location, location services must be enabled.
- The application is having problems pinpointing your location. Occasionally, the software may have problems locating your precise location. This can occur if you are in a rural location with weak GPS signals or inside a structure with blocked GPS signals.
If this is the case, try relocating to a new area or walking outside to see if this helps the app locate you.
- There is an issue with the Find My Friends application itself. If you’ve tried everything above and are still seeing the “No Location Found” notification, the Find My Friends app itself may be malfunctioning. The best thing to do in this situation is to uninstall the app and reinstall it from the App Store.
Fixing No Location Found error
If the user is outside of network coverage, the message No location found for discover my friends will appear. Instead, the phone may have been turned off or the battery may have run out.
Take your time and explore the following settings to ensure that the application functions correctly.
Check Your Internet Connection
In this situation, you only need to turn on Wi-Fi on your iPhone. The Control Center is the easiest and most efficient way to activate Wi-Fi. Once you have determined that you are connected to the internet, examine your modem.
To reconnect to the Internet, toggle the airplane mode on and off. You should then be able to view the person’s location.
Check The GPS Is Working
The Global Positioning System (GPS) is a satellite-based navigation system that provides global users with precise location and time data.
It is widely used in a variety of applications, such as vehicle navigation, maritime navigation, mapping, surveying, and precision agriculture. However, the most important application of GPS for many individuals is as a tool for navigation and location-based services on their smartphones.
The iPhone’s integrated GPS receiver offers significant advantages over other location-tracking technologies, including cellular triangulation and Wi-Fi positioning. First, GPS is more accurate than these other methods, which can be crucial when searching for a certain address or item in a store.
Reboot Your iPhone
Restarting an iPhone can restore its proper operation. Restarting an iPhone is simple and just takes a few seconds. Your friend only needs to turn off their device for a few minutes before turning it back on.
Update Your Device
Updating your phone as soon as updates become available will ensure that it continues to work at the best level. Bug fixes and/or major security patches are routinely added to upgrades and new features. You may update your iPhone automatically to make your life easier.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Choose “General” from the menu drop-down.
- From the pull-down menu, choose “Software Update.”
- In the drop-down menu, choose “Automatic Updates”. By swiping the button to the right, it is possible to enable automatic device updates.
Check Your iPhone’s Date And Time
The date and time settings on your iPhone are essential for a variety of reasons. For one thing, they help ensure the accuracy of your calendar and alarms. In addition, they dictate how your phone formats dates and times in emails, text messages, and other applications.
If your iPhone is displaying the “No Location Found” message, the Find My app is to blame. And one of the reasons this application does not function properly is because the date and time on your mobile device are incorrect. The iPhone’s time and date are stored in the Settings app.
To verify, take these steps:
- Open the mobile phone settings to begin.
- After accessing mobile phone settings, you must select the option for general settings.
- Tap on Date & Time then.
- Here, you must ensure that the “Set Automatically” option is on. If not, activate it and set the correct time zone for your area.
Once the date and time settings on your iPhone have been updated, try using location services again. As so, you shouldn’t see the “No Location Found” error message anymore.
For a visual representation, refer to the video below:
You may also be interested in:
- YouTube TV Not Showing Subscriptions? Try These Fixes
- Find Out If Someone Left Your Private Story On Snapchat
- How Many People Can You Follow On Tiktok?
No Location Found error can occur on any device. The error can occur due to different factors. To fix this problem you to do some basic settings on your device to overcome this problem.