Sometimes you accidentally watch someone’s stories from your main account. There can be many reasons you don’t want the other person to see that you have viewed their story. With the awkward situation at hand, you wonder what happens if you block someone after viewing their story. Is it possible you can hide your name from their viewer’s list?
If you block someone after viewing their story, the other person won’t be able to see that you viewed their story anymore. There can be a situation where the other person had seen his viewers before you blocked them; unfortunately, nothing you can do about it afterward.
“Unseeing” An Instagram Story After Accidentally Viewing It:
Everyone’s had that moment where they accidentally view an Instagram story from someone they follow. Then, spend the next few minutes checking to see if that person noticed you viewed it. Well, the good news is that there are a few ways that allow you to work around this problem; some of the most used ones are:
- Blocking them on Instagram temporarily.
- Deactivate your Instagram account for a short time.
Blocking Them On Instagram Temporarily:
There has been a recent trend of people blocking others on Instagram to remove the view. This method is performed by blocking the person’s account from being able to see your profile. While this may seem an effective way to remove the view, it can also have some negative consequences.
For one, blocking someone on Instagram can give them a message you don’t want to see or talk to them. Doing so can be hurtful, especially if the person you blocked was a friend or family member. Also, blocking someone on Instagram can remove the opportunity for you to see their posts or stories.
How To Block Someone On Instagram:
Follow the steps mentioned below to block the person:
Here’s a quick rundown of how to block someone on Instagram:
- Open your Instagram app.
- Search for the person you want to block.
- Go to their profile.
- Tap the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Tap Block, then tap Block again to confirm.
How To Unblock Someone On Instagram:
After some time has passed (24 hours, 48 hours for archived stories) and you are sure that their story has expired, you can easily unblock them using the steps below:
- Log into your Instagram account on a web browser
- Go to your settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper-right corner
- Select “Blocked Users” from the list of options
- Click “Unblock” next to the person you want to unblock
- Confirm that you want to unblock the person
Once you’ve unblocked someone on Instagram, you’ll be able to see their content again, and they’ll be able to see yours. Suppose you have any further questions about blocking or unblocking someone on Instagram. In that case, you can visit Instagram’s Help Center for more information.
Deactivate Your Account For 48 Hours:
If you’re looking to remove story view from your Instagram account, you can also deactivate it for at least 48 hours. You may already know that an Instagram story expires after 24 hours, then what is the need to deactivate your account for more than 24 hours?
One of the main reasons for 48-hour deactivation is because there can be the possibility that the person decided to archive their story. Although The other person may save the story, the viewers of the story only stay for 48 hours. This means you must keep your account deactivated for more than 48 hours to prevent your name from appearing on the viewer’s list.
How To Deactivate Your Instagram Account?
Deactivating your account will hide your profile, photos, comments, and likes from the Instagram community. Still, you will be able to reactivate your account at any time by logging back in.
To deactivate your Instagram account:
- Open Instagram and tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner and then tap Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and tap Temporarily disable my account.
- Enter your password and tap Temporarily Disable Account.
How Do You Reactivate Your Instagram Account?
After you are sure the story must have expired, you can reactivate your account anytime by logging back into Instagram. Here’s how:
- Log into Instagram. If you can’t remember your password, you can reset it.
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right to go to your profile.
- Tap in the top right, then tap Edit Profile.
- Scroll down and tap Reactivate Your Account, then follow the on-screen instructions.
How Can I Prevent Myself From Accidentally Watching Some Instagram Stories?
There is no foolproof method to avoid seeing Instagram Stories. Still, there are a few things you can do to minimize your chances of accidentally watching them.
- First, you can un-follow anyone whose stories you don’t want to see.
- You can also mute users whose stories you don’t want to see.
- Hide Stories from specific users.
- You can turn off notifications for Instagram Stories altogether.
If you’re worried about accidentally watching Instagram Stories, following these steps can help reduce your chances of doing so.
You may also be interested in:
- How To Do Side-By-Side Photos on iPhone
- Metro Pin Number – All You Need To Know
- Does Snapchat Location Turn Off When Your Phone Dies?
There are a few things you can do if you accidentally view someone’s story on Instagram. You can block the person temporarily, deactivate your account for some time, or un-follow anyone whose stories you don’t want to see. You can also mute users whose stories you don’t want to see, hide stories from specific users, or turn off notifications for Instagram stories altogether.